Montgomery County Engineering Division Function & Responsibility
The primary function of the Engineering Division is the design of county roads and bridges.
Related functions include:
- Procure the services of consultants and manage consulting contracts for the design of roads and bridges.
- Bid and award construction contracts.
- Inspect construction projects for compliance to construction plans.
- Perform traffic studies. Collects and analyzes traffic volume for every county road on a three year cycle.
- Maintain traffic accident records.
- Review and approve new subdivision plans and inspect construction to assure compliance with approved construction plans.
- Perform annual structural inspections of county bridges and report the result to the Ohio Department of Transportation.
- Perform surveying functions in support of design and mapping projects.
- Perform administrative functions for the District 4 Public Works Integrating Committee (Issue 2).
- Perform administrative and engineering support functions for the Montgomery Soil and Water Conservation District.
- Participate in the activities of local and state organizations such as the Miami Valley Regional Planning Commission and the County Engineers Association of Ohio.
- Acting as engineer for the townships.